02 January 2014

Happy 2014!!

A brand new year has finally arrived! It's almost surreal every time a new year came and the old year gone. One moment you think that time passes by slowly and the next moment it's gone before you realised it.

So what's for the new year?

  • Read more books!!! What I meant was to try to read more of the books I've bought. Presently I have four-and-a-half box full of books, with just slightly over one box full left unread. The plan was to try to finish or mostly finish reading these books before I visit another book sale for this year. I've just bought a new box yesterday and I might fill it up for the new year. 
  • I'm quite looking forward to the company trip in Phuket in April, so I'll need to renew my passport as it expires in March (meh...). Have to get an adaptor for charging my camera and phone. In the previous trip, I didn't charge my camera one night and missed out taking more photos. Don't intend on letting it happen again.
  • Possible overhaul of my cramped bedroom. I might get a new bed and a proper bookshelf, but no decision yet. I did manage to clean up the accumulated dust, threw away quite a bit of junk and found some old treasures too.

That's what I can think of at the moment. No doubt more would come as the year rolls along.

All I wish for the new year is for everyone to have a happy and healthy life; to keep in touch with all their friends, no matter how infrequent it may be, at least send a birthday wish every year to let them know you haven't completely forgotten them; to start developing or to continue their habits on reading books, be it printed or electronic; and to be grateful for all that we have.

And since it is the year of the horse...

No comments: