17 July 2013

Giving myself a brain hemorrhage

Reading an old American literature written in the late 1800's, e.g. "The Red Badge of Courage", was a bit hard for me, not used to the way books were written back then as I tried to understand what I read. So I was, unwitting, beating myself in the head again when I try to read something written even earlier, in the 1850's, i.e. "Walden", which is way thicker than the previous book.



It's not exactly the next book in my reading list, but I've been interested in reading "Walden" for a very long time after reading many reviews and references. I couldn't find the book in any of my visits at local bookstore. Luckily, I found this copy at the recent MPH warehouse sale, selling for only RM 5. A quick read of the first few pages made me realize that patience will be a key requirement for this book, for reasons I stated earlier.

Perhaps I should continue with my reading list or even pick up a book from my company's mini library while at the same time reading "Walden", fully aware that this book will take me a long time to finish and I do have a very long reading list.

No comments: