05 December 2013

Stupid and careless mistake (Someone else, not me)

Last night I came upon a review on Big Bad Wolf Books (BBWB) by a Ms Chong from KL, complaining about the Preview Passes given to winners to visit the book sale today. She had the facts all wrong and I would like clarify this on behalf of my favorite book sale event.
First of all, she said that she had to travel all the way to BookXcess to collect the preview pass letter and then have to go there again to collect the pass. This of course is not true! The procedure is, after knowing you have won, you must send your details to admin@bigbadwolfbooks.com so that they can send you the letter via email. Then you bring the letter in printed form or a screenshot to the outlet to claim your pass. So all in all you only have to go to the outlet once, not twice.

Second, she said that the pass can only be collected between 12-8pm on a weekday. Wrong again!! You can claim your pass at the outlet during its business hours in weekdays (10:30am-9:30pm) and in weekends (10am-9:30pm). The 12-8pm time was the opening hours of the preview day itself on 5 December 2013, which is today.

So there you go. Chong has made a review after failing to get the information straight, information that was clearly shown in BBWB's blog post (http://bigbadwolfbooks.com/blog/how-to-collect-your-bbwb-2013-preview-pass/). I wonder, she must have read the blog post before, since she even quoted the "no earlier, no later" part. So how come she had everything so wrong?

She was so frustrated (by her own carelessness, obviously), she said that she'd rather visit a regular bookstore at her own convenience than to go through all the hassle of getting a preview pass. Well, even without a preview pass, she could've just visit the sale in the weekends, at any hour of the day and night. I failed to get a pass last year after several attempts, but that didn't stop me from visiting the sale several times.

I've said what I wanted to say. I hope she (and anyone who "Like" her review) read this and will be cleared of any misunderstanding.

PS: I felt like I should be sending her a message via Facebook on the mistake she made, assuming she won a pass. Should I?

A screenshot of her review and BBWB's post on how to collect a preview pass. You can clearly see the mistakes she made.

No comments: